3rd NJY National Moot Court Competition 2023 | ICFAI University Tripura
3rd NJY National Moot Court Competition 2023 is being organised by ICFAI University Tripura from 21st to 23rd June, 2023.
About the ICFAI University Tripura
The ICFAI University, Tripura (referred to hereafter as the University) was established in 2004 through an Act of State Legislature (Tripura Act 8 of 2004). The University has been approved by the University Grants Commission, under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.The ICFAI University, Tripura is included in the list of universities maintained by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956, vide their letter No. F.9-7/2006 (CPP-I) dated October 30, 2006. The University believes in creating and disseminating knowledge and skills in core and frontier areas through innovative educational programs, research, consulting and publishing, and developing a new cadre of citizens with a high level of competence and deep sense of ethics and commitment to the code of professional conduct.
About the ICFAI Law School
The ICFAI University Tripura with its motto “Meritum Ethicus” strives to develop a new cadre of professionals with high level of competence and deep sense of moral principles and commitment to the code of professional conduct. The University believes in creating and disseminating knowledge in core and frontier areas through innovative educational programs, research, consulting and publishing, and developing a new cadre of citizens with a high level of competence and a deep sense of ethics and commitment to the code of professional conduct.
The N. J. Y Centre for Post-Graduate Legal Research, ICFAI University Tripura is a wing of the ICFAI Law School itself, and it deals specifically with the LL.M and Ph.D. programs and is devoted in encouraging and engaging in Legal Research.
The ICFAI Law School offers five year full-time integrated BBA-LL.B (Hons.), BA-LL.B (Hons.) and Three Year LL.B programs with high academic standards comparable with those of leading National and International Law Schools in terms of Curriculum, Methodology, Research Oriented internships and Assignments. The programs are thus designed to impart legal knowledge and professional skills to shape the students as future leaders of the profession.
About 3rd NJY National Moot Court Competition 2023
Together, we at the ICFAI Law School, ICFAI University, Tripura are determined to demonstrate perseverance and cooperation. Hence, after the successful completion of the two editions of National Moot Court Competition, we have planned to organize the 3rd N.J.Y. National Moot Court Competition to provide an environment where aspiring lawyers can enhance their legal proficiencies and mooting skills with a unique concept. The competition strives to give a platform to the budding lawyers of our country to imbibe analytical skills in real-time situations. Our main aim is to give a chance to the students to learn the complexities evolving around law and regulations.
About Moot Court
Moot court is one of the most productive activities for law students. The proceedings in a moot court mirror real-life court proceedings. The purpose of the activity is to help law students understand how real courts work and their proper code of conduct, the importance of dress code and the use of formal language. Mooting is a great way to develop one’s confidence, speaking, writing skills and research acumen. Participating in moot courts is not just great for budding advocates but also for future Judges and arbitrators. Most universities hold inter-college or intra college mooting sessions which gives students a chance to create network and work with their future competitors.
A moot court is a replica of real court proceedings. The purpose of moot court competitions is to make students aware of the court proceedings related to disputes between parties. These competitions are organised mostly in law schools for students who wish to pursue their careers as Lawyers, Judges and Arbitrators. This practice helps in the development of legal skills, research acumen and speaking skills. The process of mooting is not the same as public speaking or debating, moot courts are more interactive in nature and there is a scope of cross-questioning.
- Students pursuing 3 years LLB and 5 years integrated programme from any college/ Institute/ University recognized by BCI across the country.
- Only 2 teams shall be allowed from one college/ institute/ University.
- No Faculty members, coach, or a designated, observer will be allowed to join the team during the competition.
- Online registrations are open from 04-03-2023. The preliminary registration must be completed by 05-05-2023 with required fees. The teams must complete the final registration through online by 05-06-2023.
- The registration shall be done by filling up the registration form available at our official website.
- The registration shall be considered complete only when the ‘Registration Fee’ has been paid fully and the registration form is duly filled with all the credentials.
- The participants will receive an official approval mail from organizing committee carrying the ‘Team Code’ latest by 08-06-2023 or earlier. The teams shall quote this team code in all further communications with the organizing committee.
- The Moot Proposition is to be sent by 05/05/2023 or after completion of the preliminary registration by the participants, which ever is earlier.
- The registration fee for the competition is INR 6,500/- (Including Fooding and Lodging) Registration fee once paid is nonrefundable.
- Name of Account: ICFAI University Tripura
- Account Number: 910010047489436
- Bank Name: Axis Bank
- Branch: Agartala Branch
- IFSC CODE: UTIB0000276
- Type of Account: Savings
- All memorials submitted for all purposes of the Competition shall firmly comply with the rules of the competition. Each participating team must prepare two written submissions, one for each Petitioner/ Applicant(s) as well as Respondent(s) side.
- Petitioner/Applicant(s) memorials are required to have a blue cover and Respondent(s) memorials are required to have red cover.
- Soft copies of memorials shall be submitted in both .pdf and .doc/.docx format latest by 10-06-2023 on the official website. Late submissions shall be penalised (1 mark per day) and no memorial shall be accepted after two days from the specified date.
- Six hard copies of the memorial from each side should be sent to the Organizers at the address provided on the front page on or before the 15-06-2023.
- The memorial shall be uploaded on the official portal created during the registration. The organizing committee will not be responsible for any delay and default.
- WINNERS Rs. 30,000/- (With Trophy)
- RUNNERS-UP Rs. 20,000/- (With Trophy)
- BEST SPEAKER (PETITIONER) Rs. 5,000/- (With Trophy)
- BEST SPEAKER (RESPONSENT) Rs. 5,000/- (With Trophy)
- BEST MEMORIAL Rs. 5,000/- (With Trophy)
- BEST RESEARCHER Rs. 5,000/- (With Trophy)
- 04/03/2023 – Commencement of registration
- 05/05/2023 – Submission of Final Preliminary Registration Fees of Rs. 1500/-
- 05/06/2023 – Last Date of final registration with the remaining fees
- 08/06/2023 – Last date for seeking clarification (if any)
- 10/06/2023 – Last date of submission of memorials (soft copy via mail)
- 15/06/2023 – Hard Copies must reach via post on or before the deadline
- 20/06/2023 – Reaching of participants in the Campus
- 21/06/2023 – Inaugural ceremony & Draw of lots
- 21/06/2023 – Researchers Test
- 21/06/2023 – Preliminary rounds
- 22/06/2023 – Quarter-final rounds
- 22/06/2023 – Semi- final rounds
- 23/06/2023 – Final round & Valedictory Ceremony
Links and Documents
- Faculty Convener: Dr. Raghunath Chakraborty (Asst. Prof., ICFAI Law School, IUT) Call: +91 91995 15965
- Faculty Co-convener: Dr. Nayanjyoti Das (Asst. Prof., ICFAI Law School, IUT) Call: +91 94397 59797
- Joint Co-convener: Mr. Puranjan Prasad Paul (Research Scholar, ICFAI Law School, IUT) Call: +91 89748 61726
- Student Conveners
- Satyajit Dey (ICFAI Law School, IUT) Call: +91 87877 61937
- Samarjit Banik (ICFAI Law School, IUT) Call: +91 87877 99176