Call for Papers | Two Days National Seminar – SEMINAIRE JURIDIQUE
Call for Papers is being invited for two day National Seminar – SEMINAIRE JURIDIQUE on The Future of Corporate Law and The Newfangled Issues in Criminal Law by Faculty of Law, PES University.About the OrganisersThe Faculty of Law, PES University was established in the year 2017, under the able guidance of Hon’ble Founder and Chancellor, Dr. M.R Doreswamy, with a vision of establishing a global law school. The legal profession at PES university has fine-tuned the nuances of legal education…
Call for Papers is being invited for two day National Seminar – SEMINAIRE JURIDIQUE on The Future of Corporate Law and The Newfangled Issues in Criminal Law by Faculty of Law, PES University.
About the Organisers
The Faculty of Law, PES University was established in the year 2017, under the able guidance of Hon’ble Founder and Chancellor, Dr. M.R Doreswamy, with a vision of establishing a global law school. The legal profession at PES university has fine-tuned the nuances of legal education to suit the necessities of the modern-day litigation, corporate and intellectual property world. The curriculum is designed in consultation with the principal stakeholders, viz., students and the industry. The college offers honours programs with specializations in the areas of corporate law, constitutional law, criminal law, and intellectual property law inter alia.
About Seminaire Juridique
The Committee invites law students, academicians, professionals, and research scholars from across the country to submit original, unpublished manuscripts, along with an abstract, for presentation in SÉMINAIRE JURIDIQUE under the below-mentioned themes to contribute to the discourse happening across two days, i.e., on 27th and 28th of April, 2023.
Day 1: Decoding the New-fangled Issues in Criminal Law
- An Inquiry into the ethos of lethal injection as a form of punishment.
- Legal implications of decriminalizing an attempt to suicide in India.
- Position of marital rape and the role of the judiciary in India.
- Jurisprudence of feminist criminology in various countries.
- Legislation of Cannabis: socio-legal implications.
Day 2: The Future of Corporate Law: Exploring New Avenues
- Impact of AI and technology in the legal environment.
- Role of investment and trade law in the public health sector.
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Climate Change.
- Regulation of investment by Public Sector Undertakings in securities markets.
- Rise in investor-state disputes in the digital age vis-a-vis commercial arbitration.
Note: The following sub-themes are indicative only; we accept manuscripts on any specific area under the above-mentioned themes.
Law students, academicians, professionals, and research scholars from across India.
- Last date for Abstract Submission: 15th April 2023
- Communication of Selected Abstract: 3 Business Days Post Submission
- Last date of Registration: 15th April 2023
- Full paper Submission: 24th April 2023
- National Seminar: 27th and 28th April, 2023
Participants can register by filling the form or alternatively by scanning the QR code. Kindly find the attached brochure for payment details and QR scanner.
- Students: Rs. 1,000 per author
- Academicians/Research scholars: Rs. 3,000 per author
Mode of Competition & Submission
- Offline – PES University, 100 feet ring road, Banashankari Stage III, Dwarka Nagar, Bengaluru-560085
- All submissions for the seminar must be electronically mailed with the subject “Submission of Abstract/Paper Title”, as the case may be, and bearing the name(s) of the author(s) as the file names, only at the following addresses: [email protected] and [email protected].
All clarifications and communication can be made to the following e-mail address: [email protected]. Further, the Faculty Coordinator and Student Conveners may be contacted at the below mentioned details.
- Prof. Anuradha S Pai: +91 82814 30945
- Prof. Biswadeep Dutta: +91 96791 91407
- Ms. Spandana Reddy S: +91 88804 22218
- Mr. Kalyan Balaji: +91 70222 89005
Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary, and Entrance Exams