Call for Papers | HPNLU Law Journal Vol:III
Call for Papers is being invited by the Himachal Pradesh National Law University for HPNLU Law Journal by 30th May 2023.
About the Organisers
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU, Shimla), was established by the State Government in the year 2016, by an Act of the Legislature (Act 16 of 2016). The University started functioning from 5th of October, 2016. The first batch of B.A.LL.B. students was inducted on the basis merit/score secured by them in different national level entrance tests. The University started its own Entrance Exam: HPNLET, in 2017-2018 and continued for academic session of 2018-2019 for admissions in various courses i.e. B.A.LL.B.; B.B.A. LL.B.; and LL.M. (One-Year Programme with two specializations viz- Constitutional Law and Criminal Law) and Ph.D.Programmes.
The University has decided to join CLAT Consortium from the Academic Session 2019-2020. Presently, the University functions from the campus of Himachal Pradesh Judicial Academy.
About HPNLU Law Journal
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, is launching the Third Volume of its annual publication, HPNLU Law Journal (HLJ) (ISSN: 2582-8533). In this regard, submissions, under different categories, are invited form interested faculty members, research scholars, judges, professionals, and students. The volume is not restricted to any particular theme and manuscripts with an inter-disciplinary perspective on contemporary socio-legal issues, theories, and developments awaiting scholarly treatment are encouraged. The last date for submission of manuscripts is May 30, 2023.
Categories of Submissions
- Articles: 7000 – 12000 Words
- Case Comments: 4000 – 8000 Words
- Notes or Legislative Review: 5000 – 8000 Words
- Words Book Reviews: 1500 – 3000 Words
Note – The word limit prescribed for each category is inclusive of the footnotes and references.
- There is no prescribed theme(s) or topic(s) for the HLJ.
- All submissions, whether relating to the legal developments directly or otherwise, are welcome. Inter-disciplinary studies are promoted and contemporary topics of socio-economic relevance are suggested to the writers.
All contributions have to be submitted in the electronic form. The paper should be processed in MS Office and the following guidelines must be followed:
- Paragraphs should be double spaced.
- Margin on the left and the right-hand side for the paragraphs should be one and half inches.
- Font should be in type – Palatino Linotype and size – 11, throughout the paper.
- Footnotes should be in font size 10.
- Use of italics, bold font, and single inverted commas is suggested for the manuscript.
Each submission should include in the first page an Abstract of the paper. The length of the abstract should not exceed 300 words.
Acceptance & Communication
- The decision on the acceptance of the paper for publication will be of the editorial board which shall be final. The decision of acceptance will be communicated to the contributor.
- Due to the large number of submissions that the HLJ receives, it would not be feasible to reply to each contributor individually. Therefore, in case you do not receive any communication from the team, kindly consider your contribution, as not being considered for the current volume. The contributors are however encouraged to research and improvise and resubmit the paper for future volume(s) of the HLJ.
Manuscript Submission Deadline: 30 May, 2023
- Citation: For citation and references, The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edn.), should be strictly followed. (Author(s) may visit freely accessible citation style of HPNLU Shimla here.
- Lengthy Quotations discouraged: Author(s) should avoid long quotations and keep it at minimum wherever necessary with full and proper acknowledgement.
- Footnotes: Lengthy and multi-paragraph footnotes are discouraged. It should mention the page(s) of the source(s) and in case where a Court Judgment issued, the footnote should also mention the paragraph of the judgment in addition to the page number of the Reporter.
- Websites: Only authoritative websites may be cited. References to internet sources such as Wikipedia, blogs, commercial websites, etc., are not acceptable.
Registration: All submissions shall be made to – [email protected]
Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary, and Entrance Exams