4th National Moot Court Competition, 2023
Moot Court Society, SOL, Lovely Professional University is organising GAVELLED: 4th National Moot Court Competition 2023, from 17th to 18th February.
About the Institution
Lovely Professional University has an ultra-modern, high-tech campus sprawling over 600 acres on the National Highway at the entry of Jalandhar City. It is the largest single Campus University in India, with more than 25,000 students from across the world. 3500 faculty and staff, offering more than 200 programmes. The University is recognised by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is a member of the coveted Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
“GAVELLED: 4th National Moot Court Competition, 2023,” is the initiative of the School of Law to organize a national-level moot court competition. The objective of this competition is to develop an increased awareness and interest in the contemporary issues of Criminal Law and Constitutional Law. The competition is weaved around a moot problem based on a conflict between the existing law and the emerging interests of people with the changing dimensions of society. It aims to nurture academic excellence amongst the students and to develop their advocacy and research skills.
School of Law, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, cordially invite your esteemed institution to participate in the “Gavelled”: 4 Moot Court Competition, 2023, scheduled to be held from 17th to 18th February 2023 on the university premises. We firmly believe in the holistic development of students through moots and other co-curricular activities.
Rules of the competition
- Preliminary round
- Final rounds
Students of three-year and five-year law degree courses from any University/ Law School/College/Department registered and approved by the Bar Council of India are eligible for participating in the competition.
Each team shall consist only of three members, comprising of two speakers and one researcher.
Participation and Registration Procedure
• Step 1- Every team has to register themselves by filling out a google form. The link to the google form is: https://forms.gle/B82AZwZeSJWxA5Zf8
• Step 2- Pay the payment by clicking the payment gateway and take a screenshot of the payment is done. The registration fee is Rs 5000 only. The link for payment is: https://paytm.me/oSi-2mt
• Step 3- Send the screenshot of the payment receipt to [email protected] via mail through the mail id used for filling out the google form.
Particulars and Deadlines
- Start of Online Registration:12th October 2022
- Last Date of receiving Registration on the google form along with payment: 31st January 2023
- Clarification for Moot Problem (Last Date for receiving queries): 25th January 2023
- Confirmation of registration/participation: 21st January 2023
- Release of Clarifications: 25th January 2023
- Soft copy of memorial for both sides through an email to solmoo[email protected] by 5th February 2023.
- 2 Printed copies (one for each side) of such memorials by 10th February 2023.
- Moot Court Competition: 17th and 18th February 2023
- Researcher test will be conducted on the 17th of February 2023.
- Winning Team Award – The winning team will receive certificates of winning, a trophy and a cash prize worth Rs. -31000/- along with Three (3) one-year complimentary (Academic) subscriptions to SCC Online Web Edition to be distributed to the winning team worth Rs. 27,000 each.
- Runner-up Team Award – The runner-up team will receive certificates of winning, a trophy and a cash prize worth Rs. -21000/- along with Three (3) one-year complimentary subscriptions to EBC Learning worth Rs. 14,500 each.
- Best Speaker will receive a trophy, certificate and cash prize worth Rs. 5,000/-.
- Best Researcher will receive a trophy, certificate and cash prize worth Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Memorial -The team submitting the best Memorial will receive a trophy and Certificate and cash prize worth Rs. -10,000/-
- All the participants will be awarded the participation certificate.
The Organizers shall provide accommodation for all participants from 16th February (noon IST) to 19th February (noon). Teams wishing to stay back later than the above date and time shall be provided accommodation at their own expense (by pre-intimation only).
The teams shall make their arrangements to reach the venue from Airport/Railway Station/ Bus stand. No Travelling allowance shall be provided to the teams.
1. Ms Neha Abbi, President, Moot Court Society, LPU, School of Law, +91- 9855588720, [email protected]
2. Ms Poornima Kapoor, Vice-President, Moot Court Society, School of Law, LPU. +91- 8284847996, [email protected]
3. Ms Tanisha Vijayvergiya, Member, Moot Court Society, School of Law, LPU.
Contact no: +91- 6377671471, Email Id: [email protected]