Moot Court Society, SOL, Lovely Professional University is organising GAVELLED: 4th National Moot Court Competition 2023, from 17th to 18th February.
About the Institution
Lovely Professional University has an ultra-modern, high-tech campus sprawling over 600 acres on the National Highway at the entry of Jalandhar City. It is the largest single Campus University in India, with more than 25,000 students from across the world. 3500 faculty and staff, offering more than 200 programmes. The University is recognised by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is a member of the coveted Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
“GAVELLED: 4th National Moot Court Competition, 2023,” is the initiative of the School of Law to organize a national-level moot court competition. The objective of this competition is to develop an increased awareness and interest in the contemporary issues of Criminal Law and Constitutional Law. The competition is weaved around a moot problem based on a conflict between the existing law and the emerging interests of people with the changing dimensions of society. It aims to nurture academic excellence amongst the students and to develop their advocacy and research skills.
School of Law, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, cordially invite your esteemed institution to participate in the “Gavelled”: 4 Moot Court Competition, 2023, scheduled to be held from 17th to 18th February 2023 on the university premises. We firmly believe in the holistic development of students through moots and other co-curricular activities.
Rules of the competition
- Preliminary round
- Final rounds
Students of three-year and five-year law degree courses from any University/ Law School/College/Department registered and approved by the Bar Council of India are eligible for participating in the competition.
Each team shall consist only of three members, comprising of two speakers and one researcher.
Participation and Registration Procedure
• Step 1- Every team has to register themselves by filling out a google form. The link to the google form is: https://forms.gle/B82AZwZeSJWxA5Zf8
• Step 2- Pay the payment by clicking the payment gateway and take a screenshot of the payment is done. The registration fee is Rs 5000 only. The link for payment is: https://paytm.me/oSi-2mt
• Step 3- Send the screenshot of the payment receipt to [email protected] via mail through the mail id used for filling out the google form.
Particulars and Deadlines
- Start of Online Registration:12th October 2022
- Last Date of receiving Registration on the google form along with payment: 31st January 2023
- Clarification for Moot Problem (Last Date for receiving queries): 25th January 2023
- Confirmation of registration/participation: 21st January 2023
- Release of Clarifications: 25th January 2023
- Soft copy of memorial for both sides through an email to solmoo[email protected] by 5th February 2023.
- 2 Printed copies (one for each side) of such memorials by 10th February 2023.
- Moot Court Competition: 17th and 18th February 2023
- Researcher test will be conducted on the 17th of February 2023.
- Winning Team Award – The winning team will receive certificates of winning, a trophy and a cash prize worth Rs. -31000/- along with Three (3) one-year complimentary (Academic) subscriptions to SCC Online Web Edition to be distributed to the winning team worth Rs. 27,000 each.
- Runner-up Team Award – The runner-up team will receive certificates of winning, a trophy and a cash prize worth Rs. -21000/- along with Three (3) one-year complimentary subscriptions to EBC Learning worth Rs. 14,500 each.
- Best Speaker will receive a trophy, certificate and cash prize worth Rs. 5,000/-.
- Best Researcher will receive a trophy, certificate and cash prize worth Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Memorial -The team submitting the best Memorial will receive a trophy and Certificate and cash prize worth Rs. -10,000/-
- All the participants will be awarded the participation certificate.
The Organizers shall provide accommodation for all participants from 16th February (noon IST) to 19th February (noon). Teams wishing to stay back later than the above date and time shall be provided accommodation at their own expense (by pre-intimation only).
The teams shall make their arrangements to reach the venue from Airport/Railway Station/ Bus stand. No Travelling allowance shall be provided to the teams.
1. Ms Neha Abbi, President, Moot Court Society, LPU, School of Law, +91- 9855588720, [email protected]
2. Ms Poornima Kapoor, Vice-President, Moot Court Society, School of Law, LPU. +91- 8284847996, [email protected]
3. Ms Tanisha Vijayvergiya, Member, Moot Court Society, School of Law, LPU.
Contact no: +91- 6377671471, Email Id: [email protected]
Central Law College, Salem is organizing the 3rd edition of Prof R.V.Dhanapalan National Moot Court Competition 2023 from 17th -19th March 2023. We request you to participate and grace our Competition. The Central Law College National Law Moot has been conceived with the aim of creating opportunities for learning and development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in (subject of the problem) besides developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing and advocacy.
Further, it is aimed to facilitate the evolution of the jurisprudential analysis of the laws and the consequential emergence of new laws.
Venue And Date
17– 19th March 2023
College Campus, The Central Law College, Yercaud Main Road, Kannankurichi, Salem, Tamil Nadu- 636008.
The competition shall be in the English language only.
Participation is restricted to bona fide undergraduate students of 5 years/ 3 years LL.B. programme of any University/College/Institution (recognised by the Bar Council of India).
Ø The Registration shall be restricted to 24 teams on a first come, first serve basis.
Ø Only one team is allowed from each participating institution.
Ø The registration shall be a two-step process- Provisional registration and final registration.
Ø Provisional registration- the teams who are willing to register shall register provision with basic detail in the prescribed link:-
No Registration fees are required for provisional registration.
After provisional registration, the moot court committee shall send the Final confirmation registration link via mail to be filled within the prescribed time. Registration fee proof, bonafide certificate, Vaccination form and registration form as in the brochure shall be attached by the participant.
The team will be confirmed and registered only after completing the dual process within 15.3.2023 on a first come, first serve basis.
Awards And Prizes:
Awards and cash prizes for the Moot Court Competition are as follows:
1. Winners of the Moot Court Competition will be awarded a Winner’s Trophy, mementoes for team members and a Certificate of Merit.
2. The Runners-up team will be awarded a Trophy, mementoes for team members and a Certificate of Merit.
3. Most Disciplined Team (based on average court manners marks in all rounds)will be awarded a Trophy, mementoes for team members and a Certificate of Merit.
4. Best Student Advocate Male will be awarded a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
5. Best Student Advocate Female will be awarded a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
6. The Best Researcher Award (highest aggregate marks in the researcher Test), the Researcher will be awarded a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
7. The Best Memorial Award (highest aggregate marks of both memorials), the Researcher will be awarded a Trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
8. Each participant in the Moot Court Competition will be awarded a Certificate of Participation. Participants shall attend on all days mandatorily from registration to valedictory in formals. Prizes and certificates shall be issued only in Valedictory, and to the concerned participant only, attendance is mandatory. The host institution shall not be responsible for their Certificates in case of absence.
Ø Last date for Final online Registration with payment: 18th February 2023
Ø Last date for sending the Hard Copy of the Registration Form Registration Fee details : 21st February 2023
Ø Submission of 01 copy of both side Memorials (Soft Copy) – 3rd March 2023
Ø Submission of 01 copy of both side Memorials (Hard Copy) with Travel detail form– 6th March 2023
Ø Desk Registration and (copies 5 on each side) memorial submission: 17th March 2023 at 3.00-3.30 p.m.
Ø Preliminary Rounds: 18th March 2023
Ø Quarter- Final Round: 18th March 2023
Ø Semi-Final Round: 19th March 2023
Ø Final Round: 19th March 2023
Registration without a copy of the approval letter from the college/institution/university or duly attested registration form will not be valid.
Any clarifications for the Competition can be sought from:
Mrs- M.Santha Kumari- Assistant Professor of Law- 8124406653
Mr.K.Karnan -_ Assistant Professor of Law -9626099046
Mr. Jothis Chacko – Assistant Professor of Law -9498862946
Ms.Arya Rajan- Assistant Professor of Law -9488037235
Provisional registration link- https://forms.gle/uLM3T3FWDjHMgz5s6
College website –https://www.centrallawcollege.com
UILS, Panjab University, Chandigarh is inviting registrations for UILS National Quiz Competition on Constitutional Law before January 23rd, 2023.
About Panjab University, Chandigarh
One of the oldest universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) established in Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 138 years of its service to the nation since its inception are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has ranked 1st in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) amongst Indian Universities declared by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India in 2021. University has 78 teaching and research departments and 15 Centres/Chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh. University has 188 affiliated colleges spread over Punjab and one rural regional centre at Kauni ands 3 Regional Centres at Muktsar, Ludhiana, and Hoshiarpur.
About University Institute of Legal Studies
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. The Institute also exposes its students to the ‘law in action’ through compulsory internships with Hon’ble Judges of Supreme Court, Punjab and Haryana High Court, eminent lawyers, legal firms, various commissions and NGOs etc, The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in coordination with practicing lawyers.
About Society for Quiz
The Society for Quiz is a constituent society of the University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The Society owes its existence to the vital role played by the quizzes in the learning process. Considering how promising the quizzes are in terms of expanding the horizons of one’s knowledge and improving the efficiency of mind, the Society is completely devoted to organizing various types of quizzes throughout the year, both online and offline. Furthermore, believing in the potential of a quiz as an activity to raise general awareness, the Society is also unrestricted in its choice of topics for the quizzes and is not limited merely to the topics of the law.
About Republic Day of India
India celebrates January 26th every year as ‘National Republic Day’ to commemorate the enactment of the Constitution of India which occurred on January 26th,1950. A salute of 21 guns and the unfurling of the Indian National Flag by Dr. Rajendra Prasad heralded the historic birth of the Indian Republic on that day. India got independence from Britain on August 15, 1947 but it took more than 2 years to solidify the establishment of India’s independent democratic government. January 26 was chosen as the official enactment day as a nod to the Purna Swaraj declaration of independence by the Indian National Congress in 1930. With the 1950 constitution, the country was officially known as the Republic of India – a “sovereign socialist secular democratic republic” that “secures all its citizens justice, liberty, equality and fraternity” according to its Preamble. The Constitution gave the citizens of India the power to choose their own government and paved the way for democracy. After many deliberations and some modifications, the 308 members of the Assembly signed two hand-written copies of the document (one each in Hindi and English) on 24 January, 1950. Two days later which was on 26th January, 1950 it came into effect throughout the whole nation.
About Constitutional Law
Constitutional law is the foundation for all laws within a specific jurisdiction which includes the fundamental principles by which the government exercises its authority. It also provides the basic rights of individual citizens. The law is concerned with the interpretation and implementation of the Constitution and its underlying principles. Constitutional law deals with judicial review, fundamental duties and the power to make laws.
The Indian Constitution is a living document. Any act or law which is inconsistent with the Constitution becomes invalid. This makes Constitution so powerful and supreme that anything not in accordance with it holds no value anymore. The Supreme Court of India has played a prominent role in interpreting the Constitution.
UILS this year is celebrating the 74th Republic Day of India, a day signifying national pride, patriotism, and fervour, by organising an online quiz competition on the Constitutional Law of India. Come and participate in the competition.
About UILS National Quiz Competition on Constitutional Law
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any University/ College/ Institute across India.
- No restriction on the number of entries from one University/College/Institute.
- The Registration for the Quiz can be done by clicking HERE.
- The Last date for registration is January 23, 2023, 23:59 p.m. (IST).
- There is No Registration Fee for the Competition.
Topics to be covered in Quiz
Constitutional Law of India
Size of the Team
Scheme of the Quiz
- All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) format.
- The participant who submits the quiz earlier will be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
- The participants registering for the quiz via the Google Registration form will receive a confirmation mail from our side.
- The participants of the event will be added by the team of SFQ in the Quiz WhatsApp group for the purpose of this event.
- Organizers will not be responsible for any technical error in the registration for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
The Competition will have 2 rounds, rules of which are described as follows:
Round – I
- All participants are required to attempt the Round I of the quiz via Google Form Link sent on the WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- The Round I will be held on January 25th,2023.
- The Round will consist of 75 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 Mark each to be done within an hour.
- The Result of the same will be declared on January 26th, 2023.
Round – II
- The Top 15 from Round-I will be sent another confirmation mail containing a link to join a new WhatsApp Group for the Round II Quiz.
- The Round will be conducted online via Google Form Link sent on the WhatsApp Group.
- The Round will be held on January 27th, 2023.
- The Round will consist of 40 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 Mark each to be done within 30 minutes.
- The Result of the same will be declared on January 27th, 2023.
- Last Date of Registration: January 23rd, 2023 Monday (23:59 p.m.)
- Quiz Competition (Round 1): January 25th ,2023 Wednesday
- Result Declaration (Round 1): January 26th ,2023 Thursday
- Quiz Competition (Round 2): January 27th, 2023 Friday
- Result Declaration (Round 2): January 27th, 2023 Friday
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 4,500 + Certificate of Merit.
- The 1st Runner-up will get a cash prize of Rs. 2,500 + Certificate of Merit.
- The 2nd Runner-up will get a cash prize of Rs. 1,500 + Certificate of Merit.
- Certificate of Appreciation for Top 15 Participants.
- All the participants of the Quiz will be provided with the Certificate of Participation.
- Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar, Chief Patron, Vice Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Chairperson, SFQ, UILS, PU-cum-Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Faculty Co-Ordinator, SFQ, UILS, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Vaishnavi Gaur (President): +91 90458 23867
- Disha Chatta (Convenor): +91 62833 19579
- Kashika Maheshwary (Co-Convenor): +91 62836 56831
- Yuvraj Dhananjaya (Treasurer): +91 99882 16307
- For registrations and certificates, please contact:
- Gurpreet Rana (Event Coordinator): +91 89680 50243
- Kanika Singh (Event Coordinator): +91 98786 86667
Submitted By: Organising Committee