UWSL International Moot Court Competition, 2023
Unitedworld School of Law (UWSL) is organising UWSL International Moot Court Competition, 2023, from 6th-8th April.
Unitedworld School of Law (UWSL) is a constituent school of Karnavati University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The school is duly recognized by the Bar Council of India and is imparting high-quality legal education with the aim of percolating constitutional values in the students of Law, to constantly work for the betterment of the nation through legal education and to effectively contribute and strengthen justice delivery system, making law, implementing law and interpreting law in India. UWSL offers interdisciplinary law programs namely, BB.A. LL.B. (Hons.) and BA. LL.B. (Hons.) with various specializations like IPR, Business Law, Criminal Law, International Law, LL.M. as well as doctoral programs.
About the Organisers
The Karnavati University Moot Court Society (KUMCS) is a student-run committee under the guidance of faculty Advisors, which seeks to channelize the students on the mooting path. KUMCS aims at providing opportunities to hone Research, Argumentation and Legal Drafting Skills and other essential prowess to mould an individual into an adept mooter. In order to achieve this objective, the KUMCS has organized various events like Memo Pundits for enhancing drafting skills, Intra Moot competitions to nurture drafting and argumentation skills, National Client Counselling Competition etc.
About the Competition
UWSL takes immense pleasure in bringing you the UIMCC, 2023 which revolves around the aspect of Environmental law, issues pertaining to Environmental law and International Refugee law, issues pertaining to the aspects in relation to Refugee Convention and political rights of Refugees, also expanding the jurisprudential scope related to significance of right to life under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, 1966. With the objective of improving the participant’s intellect, drafting and advocacy skills and to hone their knowledge on various subject areas in law, we extend our warm welcome to invite your institution to participate in UIMCC 2023. Also, apart from enriching their knowledge, we offer the participants great opportunity to win exciting prizes worth Rs. 1.5 Lac.
All universities, colleges, and institutions imparting legal education on a regular or evening basis in a program of study that leads to a Bachelor’s degree in law (Three year or Five year) or Masters in law (LL.M / ML) are eligible to participate in the Moot Court competition. All students enrolled on a full time or evening basis in a program of study leading to or equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in law (LL.B / BL) or Masters in law (LL.M / ML), are eligible to participate.
Each participating university/college/institute can nominate a team consisting of three student members, out of whom, two will be speakers and one will be the researcher. Any additional member will not be entitled to local hospitality. He shall also be not entitled to any kind of prize/ award in the competition.
Dates of the competition
The UIMCC, 2023, shall be held during 6th-8th April, 2023.
Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, Uvarsad-Adalaj Road, Knowledge Village, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, 382422
How to Register?
- Provisional Registration shall be made by filling the form linked below
● Each Team must register by filling up the Registration Form with all the necessary details available at the link mentioned below and must an e-mail to [email protected] from the official email ID of the Institution/ KUMCS, after filing the Provisional registration form.
Every team which has registered under the Rules shall be allotted a unique code. Once the unique code has been allotted, every team must use the team code for any communication with the Organizers during the course of the Competition. A Team that has registered pursuant to the Rules of the Competition may change its composition only after informing the Organizing Committee of such change by way emailing the Change in Team Composition to [email protected] with the subject “Change in Team Composition (TC __) | UIMCC 2023”.
Each Team must send a soft copy of their memorials, in PDF format only, for evaluation by 24th March 2023 before 11:59 P.M. to [email protected] with the subject “Memorials for UWSL International Moot Court Competition” followed by TEAM CODE. Memorials submitted beyond the deadline shall incur a liability of 10 points for the first day of delay, and 10 points each day for every subsequent day till 26th March, 2023. No extension of time will be granted with respect to this deadline. Memorials shall be sent as an attachment with the mail in the form of a single file for each side of the memorial.
The hard copy of memorial must be exact replica of the soft copy submitted with the Organizers. Any difference in the same will result in disqualification from the Competition. All Teams are required to submit five (6) hard copies of the Memorials for each side (6 for the Appellant and 6 for the Respondent) at the following address: Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, Uvarsad-Adalaj Road, Knowledge Village, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, 382422.
The teams are required to submit a cover letter along with the hard copy of the Memorials. The cover letter should specify the Team Code assigned to such Team, details of the Team members and the College/Institution/University represented.
● All memorials submitted for all purposes of the Competition shall strictly adhere to the rules of the Competition.
● Each Team participating in the Competition must prepare one Memorial on behalf of Petitioner(s)/ Appellant(s) and one on behalf of the Respondent(s).
● Each team has to submit 5 hard copies of the Memorials from each side at the time of registration. Non-compliance will entail a penalty of deduction of 10 points per copy not submitted.
● The mode of citation throughout the memorial shall be 19th Edition of Harvard Bluebook.
● Appellant memorials are required to have a light blue cover and Respondent memorials are required to have a bright red cover.
● The memorials shall not contain any form of identification apart from the team code.If any such identification or mark, symbol, etc. which has the effect of identifying the team is found on the memorial, then it shall result in instant disqualification.
Starts from 1st January, 2023
Last Date To Seek Clarifications on Moot Problem
1st February, 2023
Submission Of Memorials (Soft Copy)
24th March 2023
International Moot Court Competition
6th, 7th, 8th April 2023
● Winning Team: Rs. 50,000/-
● Runner up Team: Rs. 40,000/-
● 2nd Runner up Team: Rs. 30,000/-
● Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000/-
● 2nd Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000/-
● Best Speaker: Rs. 10,000/-
● 2nd Best Speaker: Rs. 5,000/-
- Ms. Grishma Brahmbhatt – [email protected]
- Mr. Saksham Mishra – [email protected]
- Student Committee
- Harshika Mehta (President) – +91 9428592175
- Prakhya Shah (Vice-President) – +91 7340092788
- Abhinav Jha (Secretary) – +91 7979931035
For Further Queries Email us at [email protected]
Provisional registration google form:
Link to the official website and the moot proposition: