7 Day National Level Faculty Development Programme on Confluence of Law & Technology By School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed To Be University), Delhi NCR [18th – 24th Jan 2023
School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be University), Delhi-NCR, is organizing a 7 Day National Level Faculty Development Programme on Confluence of Law to be held from 18th to 24th January. Register by 15th January 2023.
About the Event
At the center of the law and policy debate is how this new area of technology should be regulated and supervised. This FDP aims to act as a catalyst for discussions on the key aspects of Cyberspace, and its future trends and impacts, including legal, ethical, social, policy and regulatory issues thereof, and present an integrated, holistic and strategic view of the issues therein, whilst recognizing that there is an urgent need for effective global cooperation on cyber issues amongst all stakeholders. The experts in the FDP will deliberate on contemporary challenges posed by technological advancement in law.
In this FDP, faculty members and resource persons will seek to explore the answers to this and other similar technological miscellanies. This FDP re-emphasizes the importance of new technologies for understanding and utilizing the digital transformation of Law. It further highlights the need to support the legal sector and academia’s engagement in a tech-inclusive industry. This FDP is designed for teachers and educators to deliberate and learn about the interface between Law and Technology, the fintech revolution, and contemporary legal responses to techno-legal advancement in the field of artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptocurrencies, blockchain and big data. We will also be deliberating on the faced in education and research in the present digital era in terms of Innovation, Incubation, Start-ups, governance and regulatory issues in India.
Deliberation on the following areas by eminent experts in the field of law & technology:
- Law in the Context of the Digital Revolution: Current Legal Problems.
- Challenges of Artificial Intelligence: Machine Learning, Augmented and Virtual Reality.
- Innovation for Access to Justice: E-courts, AI in the judiciary and Rule of Law.
- Digital Technologies in Alternative Dispute Resolution: Online Dispute Resolution.
- Regulation of Robotic Vehicles and Drones: Cybersecurity and Liability Issues.
- Envisaging a Comprehensive Legal Regime for Data Protection: The Digital Personal
- Data Protection Bill 2022.
- Regulation of Social Media and Digital Platforms: Ethics and Morality.
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Law of Crimes.
- Emerging Legal Trends in the regulation of Fintech Markets.
- Persistent concerns around Freedom of Speech and Expression of Online Users
- 5G and challenges to Net Neutrality.
- Big Data: Privacy and Regulatory Issues.
- Blockchain Ecosystem in India.
- Law, Technology and Democracy.
- Deliberation on the following areas by eminent experts in the field of law &technology
About the Organizers
School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University) (SLCU), Delhi NCR, is an off-campus CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore. It already has a proven history of success in the field of education. The School of Law offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral programmes in Law as per the guidelines of the Bar Council of India and the University Grants Commission. It has a flexible curriculum offering several options in different areas of specialization.
Discussion Room, Second Floor, Block A, CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Delhi-NCR, Nandgram Rd, Marium Nagar, Sewa Nagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh 201003
Details (Accommodation, Certificates, Eligibility)
- Full-time faculty members of Law Universities and Law Schools are eligible.
- Accommodation will be provided on request.
- Attendance for all sessions is mandatory.
- All the participants shall be awarded a certificate on successful completion of the programme.
- Last Date for Registration: January 15, 2023 day
- National FDP: January 18-24, 2023
Without Accommodation – Rs. 2000 + GST
With Accommodation – Rs. 4000 + GST
- Use the link provided to make the payment for participation in FDP.
- Take a screenshot of your payment.
- Fill out the registration form using the Google form link provided herein for registration. (You may opt for accommodation in the form)
- Once the form is successfully submitted, save the record of the same, and your registration is completed. You may contact the undersigned to confirm.
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/VX6quTTiHEvdYjRL9
Link for Payment: https://ncr.christuniversity.in/e-services-online-payment-portalncr
For more information, please see the brochure here:
For any queries, kindly contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Contact No.: Dr. Rahul Srivastava, +919818781508
Other Important Links
Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary, and Entrance Exams