1st National Criminal Investigation Competition and Workshop | Tamil Nadu Dr Ambedkar Law University | 27
1st National Criminal Investigation Competition and Workshop is being organised by School of Excellence in Law, TNDALU from 27th to 28th January, 2023.About School of Excellence in Law, TNDALU The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University was established for the advancement and dissemination of knowledge in learning, teaching and research in the field of law. The School of Excellence in Law established by the University at its campus since 2002 has been modelled on the lines of other National…
1st National Criminal Investigation Competition and Workshop is being organised by School of Excellence in Law, TNDALU from 27th to 28th January, 2023.
About School of Excellence in Law, TNDALU
The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University was established for the advancement and dissemination of knowledge in learning, teaching and research in the field of law. The School of Excellence in Law established by the University at its campus since 2002 has been modelled on the lines of other National Law Schools.
About Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics
The Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics (CoEDF), is a pioneer of specialized academics and a training institution headed by Prof. Dr.R. Thilagaraj, supported by great minds in the fields of Information Security, Digital Forensics, Criminology, Forensic Science and Forensic Medicine. It which offers degrees, diplomas and certifications on Criminology, Forensic Science, Digital Forensic, Information Security and in other related areas in collaboration with various Universities, Colleges and Corporates.
About Asian Criminological Society
The Asian Criminological Society (ACS) was established in 2009 in Macau with the following objectives: (1) to promote the study of criminology and criminal justice across Asia; (2) to enhance cooperation in the fields of criminology and criminal justice by scholars and practitioners; (3) to encourage communication between criminologists and criminal justice practitioners in Asia and the world through publications and conferences; and finally, (4) to foster training and research in criminology and criminal justice in institutions of learning, and in criminal justice agencies.
About 1st National Criminal Investigation Competition and Workshop
The event includes a criminal investigation competition and a workshop. The workshop is conducted on the first day of the event to introduce the students to criminal investigation. It is designed in such a way that the participants get to learn about investigating a crime scene, taking evidence and analyzing, from experts in the field with live demonstrations. It is followed by the Criminal Investigation competition, which assesses the ability of students to perform procedures related to crime scene procedures and to hypothesize the suspects.
- The event is open to full-time students and full-time research scholars below the age of 30 years from streams of Law, Criminology, Social Work, Human Rights and Police Administration.
- Each team shall comprise 2 members only.
- There is no bar as to the number of teams that may participate from the same institution.
- Individuals who would like to attend only the workshop may do so by registering themselves individually.
Venue & Mode of the Event
The event is held only in offline mode at the School of Excellence in Law, TNDALU, Perungudi, Chennai.
- Participants are required to complete registration on or before 7th January, 2023.
- Registration fee
- Registration fee for competition and workshop: Rs.2,000/- (per team of 2)
- Registration fee for only workshop: Rs.1,000/ (per individual)
- The registration fee includes entry fee for the competition and/ or workshop, two working lunches and refreshments, workshop kit.
- The participants shall make the payment through NEFT transfer to the account details provided below:
- Account Name: Director, School of Excellence in Law
- Account Number: 193601000009752
- IFSC Number: Indian Overseas Bank
- The payment reference number and date of payment have to be mentioned in the registration form. Scanned copy of the payment receipt must also be attached to the google registration form and only then will the registration be deemed to be complete.
- Scanned copies of Identity cards must be attached in the registration form. In case, there is an issue with the production of scanned copies of the identity card, bonafide certificate or a letter issued by the University may be attached.
- Participants shall complete the registration by filling in the form available at the link mentioned in the Important Links.
- On successful registration, a confirmation email shall be sent to all participants with their assigned Team Code (in the case of teams participating in both the competition and the workshop) or Participant Code (in the case of individuals participating only in the workshop). All future correspondence with the Organizing Committee shall specify the assigned Code.
- No alteration shall be permitted in the team composition once registration has been completed, except at the sole discretion of the Organising Committee.
- Participants who have registered for the workshop alone shall attend the event only on the first day. They shall not be permitted to attend the competition. Attending the valedictory is compulsory for all participants.
Each winning team shall be awarded cash prizes and trophies:
- Winner: Rs. 10,000/-
- First Runner-Up: Rs. 7,500/-
- Second Runner-Up: Rs. 5,000/-
All participants shall be provided with a welcome kit and a Certificate of Participation.
- Last Date for Payment and Registration: 7th January, 2023
- Dates of the Event: 27th – 28th January, 2023
Email: [email protected]
- Ms. Harshini Ranganathan: +91 63851 13370
- Mr. B. Vignesh: +91 63857 41960
Submitted By: M. K. Mrudula