13th K R Ramamani Memorial National Taxation Moot Court Competition, 2023
13th K R Ramamani Memorial National Taxation Moot Court Competition, 2023 & 13th V S Sundaram Research Paper Competition, 2023 are being organised by School of Excellence in Law, TNDALU.
About the Organisers
Late Shri. K.R. Ramamani was a legal giant in the field of taxation and was well known throughout India, especially in the south, for his legal acumen and expertise in the field of taxation. He was sought after by people from all walks of life for his expertise and was often referred to as “Palkhivala of the South”. He led the prestigious Subbaraya Aiyar, Padmanabhan & Ramamani (S.A.P.R) Advocates (http://saprlaw.com) firm to great heights. His commitment towards the legal profession, in-depth understanding of the law and his interest in teaching the future generation despite his busy schedule made him a lawyer par excellence. There can be no better way of remembering the memory of perhaps one of the most eminent taxation lawyers in India than by conducting a National Tax Moot Court Competition in his name.
So, in a fitting tribute to Late Shri. K.R. Ramamani, the School of Excellence in Law, Chennai in association with S.A.P.R. Advocates started a National level Taxation Moot Court Competition back in 2010 with an aim of providing the participants a high-quality moot experience focused on taxation. We now take immense pleasure in announcing the 13th edition of the K R Ramamani Taxation Moot Court Competition & 13th V S Sundaram Research Paper Competition, 2023 (Click Here).
About 13th K R Ramamani Memorial National Taxation Moot Court Competition & 13th V S Sundaram Research Paper Competition
Organized by School of Excellence in Law, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University in Association with Subbaraya Aiyar, Padmanabhan and Ramamani (S.A.P.R) Advocates, Taxation is often perceived as a vast & highly complicated subject requiring considerable expertise and many law graduates are seen to be reluctant in taking up taxation as their area of practice. Consequently, the practice of taxation is restricted to a limited set of advocates though taxation laws are one of the most extensively applicable laws in India. In order to develop the next generation of taxation practitioners, it is imperative that law students are given a practical legal platform and this Taxation Moot by School of Excellence in Law, Chennai aims to do just that.
Date of the Competition
- The preliminary rounds, quarter final rounds and semi-final rounds of the 13th K R Ramamani Memorial Taxation National Moot Court Competition 2023 will be conducted ONLINE through the video conferencing application “ZOOM”™ on 24th-26th of Feb, 2023.
- The Researcher’s Interview will be conducted ONLINE through the video conferencing application “ZOOM”™ on 22nd and 23rd Feb, 2023.
- The Finals will be conducted OFFLINE at SOEL, Taramani Campus on 5th March, 2023.
Note: Travel cost (airfare or train), accommodation and food cost for the two teams qualifying to the Finals will be borne by the organizing committee.
Team Eligibility & Team Composition
- Participation in the 13th K R Ramamani Memorial Taxation Moot is strictly restricted to bona fide law students enrolled in the three-year or five-year LL.B. or B.L. degree course in any institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Only one team is permitted to participate from each registered institution.
- Each team shall comprise of a minimum of two and a maximum of three members. In a team consisting of two members, each of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’. In a team consisting of three members, two of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’.
Any number of students enrolled in undergraduate courses of law, commerce, accountancy and taxation can participate in the 13th V S Research Paper Competition, 2023.
Registration Procedure for 13th K R Ramamani Memorial Moot
- The participants shall complete the final registration, by affixing all the necessary details by filling in the online registration form as provided below:
Registration Form: Click Here
- The registration fee for the Moot Court Competition is Rs. 1,180/- (Rupees One Thousand One hundred eighty Only). The registration fee must be paid through NEFT to the below mentioned account:
- ACCOUNT NAME: TAMIL NADU DR. AMBEDKAR LAW UNIVERSITY MOOT COURT ASSOCIATION
- ACCOUNT NUMBER: 67104604033
- IFSC NUMBER: SBIN0070688
- BANK NAME: STATE BANK OF INDIA
- BRANCH NAME: PNSB BRANCH RAJA ANNAMALAIPURAM
- BRANCH CODE: 70688
The Moot Proposition and Rules for the 13th K.R Ramamani Memorial National Taxation Moot Court Competition, 2023 and Rules for 13th V.S Sundaram Memorial Research Paper Competition, 2023 can be found in this drive link: Click Here
Tentative Schedule of 13th K R Ramamani Memorial National Taxation Moot Court Competition
- Last Date for Final Registration: 16th February 2023 (11:59 pm)
- Last Date for emailing Clarifications: 6th February 2023 (06:00 pm)
- Release of Final Clarifications: 9th February, 2023
- Deadline for Soft Copy Submission of Written Submissions: 20th February 2023 (11:59 pm)
- Deadline for Submission of Compendiumvia email: 23rd February 2023
- Allotment of time slots for Preliminary Rounds: 23rd February 2023
- Researcher’s Interview (virtual): 22nd and 23rd February 2023
- Preliminary Rounds (virtual): 24th and 25th February 2023
- Quarter-Final Rounds (virtual): 26th February, 2023
- Semi-Finals Rounds (virtual): 26th February 2023
- Finals Rounds and Valedictory Ceremony (physical): 5th March 2023
E-mail: [email protected]
- Ms. Susamskritha (Secretary, MCA): +91 63798 60071
- Ms. Shree Harini (Joint Secretary, MCA): +91 73582 36570
Submitted By: Mansi