NMIMS Student Law Review Vol V Issue I
Call for Papers is being invited by NMIMS for NMIMS Student Law Review Vol V Issue I by November 30, 2022.
About the Journal
The NMIMS Student Law Review is the flagship law journal of NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, Mumbai, established with the objective of providing a forum for students to engage in quality legal discourse that captures the zeitgeist of contemporary legal issues. With this, the Journal strives to promote and foster a culture of serious academic research and writing. The remit of the Journal is not just limited to any particular area of law, and submissions of an inter-disciplinary nature analysing contemporary legal issues are encouraged.
Call for Submissions
The NMIMS Student Law Review invites original and unpublished manuscripts, including but not limited to: long articles, short articles, case notes and case comments, discussing issues from different facets of law from students.
Kindly note that the deadline for submitting the manuscript(s) is November 30, 2022.
Categories for Submission
- Long Article (6000-10000 words): This category includes submissions that comprehensively analyse a contemporary legal issue that the author(s) seeks to highlight. It must either indicate the lacunae therein or, attempt to provide possible constructive suggestions, which can address the said lacunae or holistically cover the subject matter while offering a critical analysis of the chosen theme.
- Short Article (3000-5000 words): This category includes submissions — that conduct an in-depth study of more specific issues and albeit in a concise manner — give the reader an insight into the legal issue identified by the author.
- Case Notes & Comments (1500-3000 words): This category includes both case notes and comments that involve a pivotal assessment of any recent/landmark judicial pronouncement, legislation or bill. The focus must be on a relatively recent pronouncement or legislation.
Kindly note that:
- The word limits mentioned hereunder are exclusive of footnotes.
- The submissions made under the categories of Long Articles and Short Articles must enclose an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- Plagiarism: All submissions will be checked for plagiarism by the Editorial Board. Infringing, offensive or plagiarised submissions will be liable for rejection.
- Co-authorship: Co-Authorship of up to two authors of the same or different institutions is permissible.
- Formatting Guidelines: The main content of the manuscript must be formatted as per the following guidelines:
- Font Style: Garamond
- Font Size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Alignment: Justified
Headings and sub-headings are to be formatted in a uniform style. A one-line gap must be maintained between all paragraphs and headings.
The footnotes must conform to the Bluebook Citation and Style Standard (20th edn.) and must be formatted as per the following guidelines:
- Font Style: Garamond
- Font Size: 10
- Line Spacing: 1.0
- Alignment: Justified
- All hyperlinks must be in black colour and must not be underlined.
- Anonymity: To facilitate our anonymous review process, we require you to confine your name, email address, phone number and affiliation and only enter such details in the form. Disclosure of any information concerning the identity of the author(s), within the body of the manuscript is strictly prohibited.
All manuscripts must be uploaded in .docx format. No other mode of submission will be accepted. Submissions are to be made via this form.
Exclusive Submission Policy
All submissions to the Journal should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication at the time of submission. The author(s) undertake to inform the Editorial Board immediately in case the manuscript is under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The Journal follows a four-stage double-blind peer review process. In order to ensure transparency, the author(s) will be notified after the successful completion of each stage of the review process.
- We do not accept any requests for expedition. All submissions are subject to the same review process and timeline.
- Author(s) should be prepared to make suitable changes to their articles as required by the Board of Editors before acceptance.
Deadline for Submission
December 10, 2022
Email: [email protected]
Website: Click Here
Submitted By: Organising Committee
Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary, and Entrance Exams